Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Manufacturing Controls Engineer – Greenfield, Indiana
BWI Group is a premier chassis supplier that designs and manufactures brake and suspension systems for the global transportation market. BWI Group is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our Suspension Manufacturing Engineering Team with responsibilities in the new BWI production facility in Greenfield, Indiana and the BWI Technical Center in Dayton, Ohio.
- The design and implementation of the control systems portion (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, computers, and communications) of new and ongoing production machine projects
- Work closely with the control system engineering staff of machine suppliers during machine design, build, debug, and qualification
- Provide on-site controls support at BWI facility during installation, startup, and final qualification of the machine.
- Provide controls support for transferring machine documentation to BWI on-site controls engineering staff.
- Provide control system support on new machine installations and machine modifications in global BWI facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Electrical Engineering (P)
- 3+ years of experience designing, programming, installing, and commissioning of machine control systems, including assembly, welding, torqueing, presses, grinding, CNCs, fluid fill, and other machines that include PLCs, HMIs, servo motion control, test instrumentation control, and communications.
- Experience with Siemens S7-1200 & S7-1500 PLC processors. Experience with Rockwell Automation SLC series and CompactLogix / ControlLogix is a plus.
- Experience with Siemens TP1200 HMI interfaces. Experience with Rockwell Automation PanelView Plus series HMI operator interface development and programming is a plus.
- Experience with Siemens Step-7 software (TIA Portal & WIN-CC) is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software.
- Familiarity with engineering standards, including the application of Safety circuits, NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 79, Machine Safety, OSHA 1910, Industrial Pneumatics and Hydraulics standards, Ergonomics, Sound level specifications, Risk assessments, etc. Familiarity with global standards a plus.
- Knowledge of machine troubleshooting methods.
- Knowledge of Ethernet communications, TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, DeviceNet a plus.
For more information about BWI Group, please visit our website at www.bwigroup.com
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org